Monday, April 7, 2008

HIMYM: Too much of a good thing?

No "How I Met Your Mother" tonight, thanks to the NCAA basketball championship, but I just got an e-mail from "Victoria" -- aka Ted's baker girlfriend from season one, played by Ashley Williams -- claiming she had started a site called TedMosbyIsNotAJerk.com, complete with testimonials from her and some of Ted's other exes. (Robin, crazy/sexy Blah-Blah and chatty Cathy from the glass-shattering episode all speak up for our boy.)

It's a cute site, but with no epic 20-minute pro-Ted musical anthem to counter the one on TedMosbyIsAJerk.com, is it just another sequel that can't hope to live up to the original? Should they have even tried to follow up last week's throwaway genius or just left it alone? Should I now be worried about the upcoming Robin Sparkles B-side?

Or, with the whole Alicia Silverstone/Sarah Chalke/"Scrubs" ongoing problem, is this thing some kind of set-up for Victoria to return and somehow become The Mother?

UPDATE: In looking for a picture of Victoria to accompany the post, I stumbled across a post at Have You Met Ted?, where the author went to the trouble to write back to "Victoria" to ask if she and Ted might get back together. I still doubt she's coming back -- the site just seems an attempt to build on the momentum of last week's site -- but you never know.

UPDATE #2: Inspired by Have You Met Ted?, I e-mailed "Victoria" myself to find out whether a pro-Ted song might be forthcoming, and "she" wrote back:
Hi Alan,
I am not the best singer in the world, but if a song will help save Ted's reputation, then I am willing to try one.

I have one in the works, but it's not ready for release yet. It's hard to find time to write, record, and post a song, given my busy schedule here in Germany! After my internship, I took a job working in a prestigious French-style cafe in Berlin. It takes up a lot of my time, but it's so rewarding!

Speaking of that, though, I should be getting to bed. I need to be up in five hours for early morning baking.

-Victoria
Update #4: Now it's beginning to look like this isn't an official sequel but a fan copy of the original. Investigating. Back later when I know.

Update #5: Okay, nevermind. Bays and Thomas had nothing to do with this one. Resume partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment