Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chris Benoit



Greetings, it's your old pal, McLean Stevenson here once again to judge career moves and this time I will take a look at Chris Benoit from the WWE. I often tell a lot of struggling actors that suicide is the best way to stardom. Believe me, there were times after M*A*S*H where I really wish I had gone down in a helicopter crash. So there is no faulting some steroid monkey for wanting to take his own life. The rub is that it's hard for a professional wrestlers death to really stick out. Those guys drop like flies each week. As a matter of fact, two professional wrestlers have died since I started putting this post together. Hell, I have a long standing rule that I won't get on a plane if there is a professional wrestler or child star on board because you are really tempting fate at that point.

With all of that said, I give Benoit a lot of credit for taking his own life and a bonus for taking the wife, too in an effort to stand out. But you can't be down with killing a child. That's just wrong. Even O.J. Simpson had the common sense to not kill his own kids. So I'm giving Benoit a thumbs down.

However, I give his wife a thumbs up because her career was in the dumper and this is the most anybody has ever talked about her in years. Well done, Missy.

No comments:

Post a Comment