Monday, June 11, 2007

My 15 minutes of fame not done ticking just yet

I've been slammed all day with media requests: lotta radio interviews (including a piece I taped last week for "Morning Edition" that finally aired this morning (you can check it out here on NPR's website), plus a visit to "The Jim Rome Show"), a possible return appearance on tonight's "Countdown" (albeit without Keith Olbermann, who's off today, and there's still a chance I may get bumped), and a taped segment at my desk for tonight's "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric." (UPDATE: Which turned out to be for all of 15 seconds. Woo-hoo!)

I wouldn't be stunned if the calls keep coming for a bit tomorrow, but I don't know how actual celebrities get any work done. I'm trying to write three different stories for tomorrow (including more on Sopranos, a Rescue Me review and something else), and every five seconds the phone rings. It's such a hard, hard life! (Right now I imagine every reader of this blog rubbing their thumb and forefingers together in imitation of the world's smallest violin.)

If any other appearances pop up, I'll update this post. And if you've somehow already seen or heard me once today, you should be good, as all the questions and most of my answers have been the same. On the plus side, the CBS segment will give you a glimpse of my glamorous, immaculate workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment