Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pete Rose Bet On the Reds

Every night. And you know, you have to give him a hand because it's kind of hard to keep up with baseball betting. But anyway, thank you for the news flash, Skip. Rose first admitted to betting on baseball in 2004, but evidentially he doesn't want people to think that he bet against his team and tanked the game.

And why would anybody think that seeing that he's been so honest about his baseball gambling in the past.


"I bet on my team every night. I didn't bet on my team four nights a week. I was wrong," Rose said.

Rose said that he believed in his team so much that he bet on them to win every night.

"I bet on my team to win every night because I love my team, I believe in my team," Rose said. "I did everything in my power every night to win that game."


Maybe the NBA should take this policy into the regular season and force its players to wager on the games they are playing. At least you would get an honest effort and see players taking the league minimum to play for some of the top teams. Maybe Rose is a visionary and we'll look back at him as a pioneer.

Kind of like the Japanese do for his hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment