Tuesday, March 27, 2007

This guy walks into a psychiatrist's office...

So thanks to that wacky "Battlestar Galactica" finale, yesterday was by far the most-visited day in What's Alan Watching? history (or, at least, since I installed a hit counter a few months ago). And what do I have as an encore for all these potential new readers? Um... uh... nothing right this second, sorry.

We're entering that annual period where my life gets taken over by "The Sopranos." The Star-Ledger is more than a little obsessed with the show, and between what Matt wrote in the first three seasons and what I've done from season four on, we've written enough to fill a book or two. (You can find some of the highlights over at NJ.com's "Sopranos" page.) I'm just glad the show is so great; I can't imagine how awful the last eight years would have been if, say, David E. Kelley had written a hit drama where the main character waddles down to pick up his Star-Ledger at the start of every season.

So between now and the April 8 premiere, I've been pulled off of virtually any non-"Sopranos" assignment, which means no new column links this week. (I managed to carve out time in my schedule to watch and write about "The Shield," which is possibly even more awesome than ever, and "Entourage," which has some problems, but also has Carla Gugino, so it ain't all bad.) Plus, a lot of my evenings are being devoted to "Sopranos" content. I passed over all of primetime last night to get ahead on some of my writing ("24" is my only Monday show that wasn't in reruns), and I'll be at "Sopranos" events in NYC tonight and tomorrow.

I'll be blogging as much as I can ("American Idol" posts will just get done later than usual, and I intend to say lots about this week's brilliant, goosebump-inducing "Friday Night Lights"), but between "Sopranos" overload and the fact that so many shows in the usual rotation are still in reruns, content may be more irregular than I would like. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment